I have decided to add some recipes to my web page. These will be tried and true items that are favorites with my family and friends. Let's start with chocolate cake!
2 Cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of salad oil
3 squares of unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour milk (place 1 1/2 tsp vinegar in a 1 cup measure; fill with milk to measure 1/2 cup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour with soda into large bowl. Grease well and flour two 8-by-8-by-2 inch square cake pans. In small saucepan, combine butter, oil and chocolate; stir over low heat to melt the chocolate. Add 1 cup water. Cool 15 minutes.
2. To flour mixture, add 2 cups sugar, the eggs, sour milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix with wooden spoon. Stir in cooled chocolate just to combine. Quickly turn into prepared pans; bake 30 to 35 minutes. Check with a clean knife for doneness. Cool in pans, turn out on plate one pan.
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
4 egg yolks, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup or more of chopped pecans
1 cup of coconut.
1. In sauce pan, add first three ingredients of the above. Cook over low heat until bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add pecans, coconut and vanilla.
2. Spoon over first cake layer, add second layer, spoon over the top.
1 pkg of semisweet-chocolate pieces
1/2 cup of sour cream
Dash of salt
1. Melt chocolate pices in top of a double boiler or in a glass boil over a pan of boiling water. Remove from top of boiler from hot water. Stire in sour cream and salt. With wooden spoon, beat until smooth. Cool 5 minutes, until frosting is of spreading consistency.
2. With spatula, frost the sides of the cake.
To serve: With sharp think knife, mark top of cake into four quarters, then cut each quarter into four slices. Makes 16 servings.
This is the best chocolate you will ever eat!!!!